Ceredigion Local Authority
Ceredigion is committed to raising the achievement and narrowing the gap for children and young people with SEN/ALN so that they achieve the best possible outcomes, well-being and long-term life chances.
The authority believes that improving outcomes for children and young people with Additional Learning Needs is everyone’s responsibility.
Accordingly, we work in partnership with schools, parents and other agencies to ensure that all children in Ceredigion, whatever their need, are valued, experience success in their learning, achieve their potential and personal goals and maximise their chances of a full and meaningful life.
Ceredigion’s educational vision is to provide:
- an inclusive education as close to home and the local community as possible;
- early and accurate assessment of needs;
- a broad, balanced and relevant range of learning opportunities;
- a range of mainstream, enhanced and specialist provision. We do not have any dedicated special schools in Ceredigion;
- high quality support, advice and training for schools;
- timely, accurate and relevant information for parents and carers;
- resources and services that are appropriate, effective, equitable, transparent, consistent, efficient and accountable.
For further details regarding Ceredigion’s provision please refer to the document ‘Ceredigion SEN Strategy, Policy and Procedures’ which is available on Ceredigion County Council’s website under Schools and Education – please click here.