Swansea Local Authority
FAMILY LIAISON OFFICER
Andrea Hill-Jones is the Family Liaison Officer for Additional Learning Needs in Swansea. Andrea’s role is primarily to support parents and carers of children who are going through Statutory Assessment. She works across the span of the City and County of Swansea conducting home visits in order to explain the processes involved, to answer any questions that parents or carers may have in relation to their child’s education and to assist with completion of documents relating to the process.
Andrea is source of information regarding the provision available to children with additional needs within Swansea.
A point of contact and knowledge, Andrea is also experienced in working with parents and other agencies to resolve issues and to reach satisfactory outcomes in order to provide an effective service.
Andrea Hill-Jones can be contacted on 01792 637541 or ALNU@swansea.gov.uk
SNAP Cymru provides free, independent information and advice for parents of children and young people with additional learning needs. SNAP Cymru promotes effective partnership working and recognises the importance of the active involvement of parents and young people in decisions about additional learning provision.
As holders of The Specialist Quality Mark (SQM) our service operates to the highest standards. Caseworkers receive high quality, independent legal training. They are passionate about helping people overcome barriers offering support and guidance that meets the needs of families.
The key objective is to intervene early to reduce the possibility of problems escalating, particularly through collaboration and partnership between the family, school and Local Authority.
SNAP Cymru: Description of service offered:
• Support for children and young people with additional learning needs (0 – 25)
• Advice and support for parents and professionals through a helpline, leaflets, and on our website.
• Advice on legislation, local and national policy across Education, Health and Social Care, ALN assessment & provision, appeals and tribunals.
• Casework Support, Independent Advocacy, and Mediation facilitated by accredited mediators.
• Help for families to prepare for meetings; contribute to assessments and reviews; participate in decisions and explore options; challenge where necessary
• Resolve disputes
SNAP Cymru: Opening hours
Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 4.30pm (Out of office appointments by arrangement)
Free helpline: 0808 801 0608